Participate in the STEM + Computing Curriculum Program!
When: From September 1st , 2020 to June 30th, 2021
Who can participate: Science, Math and Computer teachers of grades 5, 6 and 7
The aims of the program are:
- Integrate earth and environmental science (EES), mathematics and computer science in Grades 5-7.
- Use of interactive computer simulations to study various EES topics aligned with the New Jersey State Standards.
- A total of 10 science modules and 2 coding modules for teachers to choose from, customized to fit the teachers’ needs.
Responsibilities and Compensation:
- Select up to 4 modules to teach in your classrooms. $750 paid for each module. Additional compensation will be provided for teachers who allow us to observe their classes. Each module is about 5 lessons of one period.
- Attend one face-to-face professional development meeting on a Saturday at the beginning of the academic year and 1-2 online check-in meetings on a weekday throughout the year.
- Administer a survey and an assessment for each module.
- $3,000 honorarium paid in summer 2021.
To participate, please fill in and submit the following form. Decision will be sent via email by the end of July 2020.
In case of any questions regarding the program, please contact Prof. Michelle Zhu at email@example.com